Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Courses (300 hours)
July 8 – July 29, 2016
The Sampoorna Advanced Yoga™ Teacher Training Course is a 3 weeks residential course and is registered with Yoga Alliance just like the 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training. It covers 300 hours training. It is open to any student who has completed a 200 hours course and wants to deepen their knowledge and practice and complete the 500 hour training.
Upon graduation, you will be equipped with the necessary knowledge, experience and confidence to teach yoga to anyone regardless of age or condition. You will get a sound foundation in all aspects of yoga. You will also experience tremendous transformation in your life and practice from the teachings and presence of a master.
The Yoga Teacher Training Course (200 hours) together with the Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course (300 hours) is registered with the Yoga Alliance at 500 hours level. You can take both courses together and receive 10% off, as they are offered one after the other.
See prices for our Yoga Teacher Training Courses here.
- Main texts: Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Yoga Sutras of Patanjali “How to Know God”.
- Asanas (Yoga postures): Advanced practice and teaching techniques.
- Pranayama and Breathing Exercises: Mastery of Prana or vital energy.
- Mudras and Bandhas.
- Meditation, Mantra & Japa Yoga: Use of Divine sound vibration for healing on all levels.
- Vedanta Philosophy: Study of the Universe, Self & Truth.
- Karma & Reincarnation.
- Astral body, Nadis & Chakras.
- Raja Yoga: The study and control of the mind.
- Jnana Yoga: Self Knowledge, inquiry into the question “Who am I?”
- Bhakti Yoga: The path of devotion and love for God, including the practices of chanting, worship and self-surrender.
- Nada Yoga: Study and application of sound vibration as a tool for healing and uplifting the emotions and the mind.
- Karma Yoga: The path of right action and selfless service.
- Bhagavad Gita: Study and its application to life.
- Anatomy & Physiology: In relation to Hatha Yoga.
- Proper Diet: For optimum health and peace of mind.
- Yoga Kriyas: Cleansing techniques and their practical application.
- Ayurveda: Basic introduction to this ancient healing art.
- 5:30 am – Wake up
- 6:00 am – Meditation, Nada Yoga, Lecture
- 8:00 am – Asanas, Pranayama
- 10:00 am – Brunch
- 11:00 am – Karma Yoga
- 12:00 – Personal Studies
- 2:00 pm – Main Lecture
- 4:00 pm – Asanas, Pranayama
- 6:00 pm – Dinner
- 7:30 pm – Meditation, Nada Yoga, Lecture
Why a residential program?
- The most effective way of learning and teaching is from direct experience.
- This is the traditional teaching where you will inherit the fruits of the wisdom of the Rishis from ancient time to present day in the Sivananda lineage.
- During the programs you live in close contact with your teacher. You will have the privilege to study with Shri Yogi Hari, an adept Yogi.
- Away from the distractions of the home environment, everyday responsibilities, business and appointments, you will be amazed of how focused and attentive your mind will be to absorb this knowledge.
- In Yogi Hari’s Ashram you will live each moment of the program with awareness, bringing about growth and transformation.
- You will enjoy two nutritious and delicious organic vegetarian meals daily, served buffet style. The diet includes simple and deliciously prepared fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and some dairy (optional).