Ayurveda for Daily Life
Ayurveda for Daily Life
with Leela Mata
Three-Day Residential Retreat
- March & April retreats cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Future dates to be announced
This three-day retreat follows each month’s 200-hour Sampoorna Yoga Teacher Training Course. It is a perfect addition to your Yogic studies after completing your 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training to further your knowledge in Ayurveda for your own personal growth and health. This retreat is also open to students who have not taken the Yoga Teacher Training Course at the ashram, and who would simply like to learn more about Ayurveda and their own body and mind.
Ayurveda and Yoga are sister sciences, complementary systems of study to help you to become more aware of your body, mind, and its intricacies and fluctuations. Ayurveda in Sanskrit means, “the Science of Life.” With this knowledge, you are able to understand the constitution of your body and your mind, and what practices, diet, and lifestyle are most beneficial to gain and maintain good health and peace of mind.
About the Teacher:
This course is taught by Ayurveda master, Leela Mataji, Ayurvedic practitioner and teacher for over 40 years. Since childhood, Leela Mataji has been involved in meditation and healing. She lived in the Sivananda Ashram for seven years and was a founding member of Sampoorna Yoga with Shri Yogi Hari. Having studied extensively with Dr. Vasant Lad at the Ayurvedic Institute in New Mexico and in India, she has lectured and given workshops and retreats on Ayurveda and Yoga all over the world. In addition to her own deep understanding of Ayurvedic principles, she is an ideal Yogi and provides her students with insights into living a Yogic Life and how to incorporate Yoga, Vedanta, and Meditation into everyday life.
What you will learn in this course:
- Assess your own body and mind’s constitution
- What diet and practices are best for your ideal health
- The three Doshas – Ayurvedic constitutions of body and mind
- Prepare Ayurvedic, Yogic Vegetarian meals
- Optimize your life to reach your highest potential
- 5:30 a.m. – Wake up
- 6:00 a.m. – Meditation, Nada Yoga, Lecture
- 8:00 a.m. – Asanas, Pranayama
- 10:00 a.m. – Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. – Karma Yoga
- 12:00 p.m. – Personal Time
- 2:00 p.m. – Main Lecture
- 4:00 p.m. – Asanas, Pranayama
- 6:00 p.m. – Dinner
- 7:30 p.m. – Meditation, Nada Yoga, Lecture
Why a Residential Program?
- The most effective way of learning and teaching is from direct experience.
- This is the traditional teaching where you will inherit the fruits of the wisdom of the Rishis from ancient time to the present day in the Sivananda lineage.
- During the programs, you live in close contact with your teacher. You have the privilege to study with Leela Mataji, Master of Ayurveda.
- Away from the distractions of the home environment, everyday responsibilities, business, and appointments, you will be amazed by how focused and attentive your mind will be to absorb this knowledge.
- In Yogi Hari’s Ashram, you will live each moment of the program with awareness, bringing about growth and positive transformation.
- Located in sunny South Florida, Yogi Hari’s Ashram offers a peaceful, natural, and healing environment.
- You will enjoy two healthy, vegetarian meals daily, served buffet style. The diet includes simple and deliciously prepared ashram-grown fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and tofu.
Fly into Fort Lauderdale International Airport or Miami International Airport and take the Super Shuttle. This is your best option, and costs around $50 one way. Uber is available for $30-$50 one way, depending on the time of day, or you may use public transportation.
If you choose to drive, you may park your car at the ashram during the training.
The retreat begins on Friday at 2:00 p.m. with orientation. Plan to arrive between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
The course finishes on Sunday at 7:00 p.m. after dinner.
- Dormitory style with twin size bunk beds. Men and women sleep in separate rooms.
- Spacious with windows for garden views.
- Seasonal air-conditioning – in cooler months, we open the windows for fresh air. Ceiling fans throughout the ashram.
- Washer and dryer available. Laundry soap is provided.
- Shared bathrooms separate from rooms.
- Access to a full kitchen.
- Free wifi
What to Pack
Recommended items to bring with you.
You will enjoy two yogic vegetarian meals per day. Everything is prepared fresh with organic ingredients and lots of love. Most meals are vegan. If you have any allergies or restrictions please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate you. Herbal tea is provided throughout the day.
Yogi Hari’s Ashram provides a clean and pure environment without illicit substances, tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, and meat. Students are expected to respect these terms or they are asked to leave the program without a refund.
Special 50% Discount – $300
Includes: All instruction, accommodations and meals.
What Students Are Saying
Questions? We’re happy to help! Please contact us:
Call 954-399-8000 | Text 954-501-0350 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org