Free Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Advanced Yoga Teacher
3 Weeks Residential
- March 1 – 22, 2019
- June 28 – July 19, 2019
- November 1 – 22, 2019
The Sampoorna Yoga Advanced Teacher Training Course is a residential course and is registered with Yoga Alliance (just like the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course). In three weeks time, you receive 300 hours of training. It is open to any student who has completed a certified 200-hour course and wants to deepen their knowledge and practice and complete the 500-hour training.
In this advanced course, you will be building on the foundation that was laid in the 200-hour course. We will go deeper into all of the aspects of Yoga, as is outlined in the curriculum below. You will also experience tremendous transformation in your life and practice from the teachings and presence of a master.
The Yoga Teacher Training Course (200 hours) together with the Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course (300 hours) is registered with the Yoga Alliance at 500 hours level.
Instruction, course materials and guided practice time are provided to you free of charge.
A donation of $1,500 covers ashram expenses, administrative fees, and your room and board for three weeks.
- Main texts: Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Yoga Sutras of Patanjali “How to Know God”.
- Asanas (Yoga postures): Advanced practice and teaching techniques.
- Pranayama and Breathing Exercises: Mastery of Prana or vital energy.
- Mudras and Bandhas.
- Meditation, Mantra & Japa Yoga: Use of Divine sound vibration for healing on all levels.
- Vedanta Philosophy: Study of the Universe, Self & Truth.
- Karma & Reincarnation.
- Astral body, Nadis & Chakras.
- Raja Yoga: The study and control of the mind.
- Jnana Yoga: Self Knowledge, inquiry into the question “Who am I?”
- Bhakti Yoga: The path of devotion and love for God, including the practices of chanting, worship and self-surrender.
- Nada Yoga: Study and application of sound vibration as a tool for healing and uplifting the emotions and the mind.
- Karma Yoga: The path of right action and selfless service.
- Bhagavad Gita: Study and its application to life.
- Anatomy & Physiology: In relation to Hatha Yoga.
- Proper Diet: For optimum health and peace of mind.
- Yoga Kriyas: Cleansing techniques and their practical application.
- Ayurveda: Basic introduction to this ancient healing art.
- 5:30 am – Wake up
- 6:00 am – Meditation, Nada Yoga, Lecture
- 8:00 am – Asanas, Pranayama
- 10:00 am – Brunch
- 11:00 am – Karma Yoga
- 12:00 pm – Personal Studies
- 2:00 pm – Main Lecture
- 4:00 pm – Asanas, Pranayama
- 6:00 pm – Dinner
- 7:30 pm – Meditation, Nada Yoga, Lecture
- The most effective way of learning and teaching is from direct experience.
- This is the traditional teaching where you will inherit the fruits of the wisdom of the Rishis from ancient time to present day in the Sivananda lineage.
- During the programs, you live in close contact with your teacher. You will have the privilege to study with Shri Yogi Hari, an adept Yogi.
- Away from the distractions of the home environment, everyday responsibilities, business and appointments, you will be amazed of how focused and attentive your mind will be to absorb this knowledge.
- In Yogi Hari’s Ashram you will live each moment of the program with awareness, bringing about growth and transformation.
- You will enjoy two nutritious and delicious organic vegetarian meals daily, served buffet style. The diet includes simple and deliciously prepared fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and some dairy (optional).
You may fly into Fort Lauderdale International Airport or Miami International Airport and take the Super Shuttle from either airport, this is not affiliated with us, but we recommend it to our students. Cost is around $50 one way. Another option is to sign up for Uber and request a ride from the airport. Cost is around $30 one way.
Please arrive by 5:00 pm to get settled in your room and get checked in. The course begins on Friday at 6:00 pm with dinner and will finish on Friday at 11:00 am after breakfast.
- Dormitory style with twin size bunk beds. Men and women sleep in separate rooms.
- Spacious with large windows for a view into the garden in most rooms.
- Free use of washer and dryer available. Laundry soap is provided.
- Shared bathrooms separate from rooms.
- Access to a full kitchen.
- Free wifi
What to Pack
Recommended items to bring.
You will enjoy two yogic vegetarian meals per day. Everything is prepared fresh with organic ingredients and lots of love. Most meals are vegan or made with limited dairy. If you have any allergies or restrictions please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate you.
Cost : FREE
Includes: Tuition, course certificate, and course materials including 1 copy of Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Yogi Hari & How to Know God: The Yoga Aphorisms of Patanjali
Donation of $1,500 covers ashram expenses, administrative fees, accommodations and meals.
To help you to prepare for the course, we recommend that you purchase a copy of the Sampoorna Hatha Yoga Open Class video (DVD or download) and work with this video for several weeks to get comfortable with the style, flow, and format of Sampoorna Yoga.