Nada Yoga Retreat in Germany
Nada Yoga Retreat
Immerse yourself in Nada Yoga during this seven-day retreat in picturesque Hellenthal, Germany. Nada Yoga is the Science of Divine Vibration, and one of the six main systems of Sampoorna Yoga. With the guidance of Nada Yoga master, Shri Yogi Hari, you will explore and experience this transformative practice each day during morning and evening Satsang and afternoon workshops. Throughout the day, you will also enjoy Sampoorna Hatha Yoga classes, living in a community of like-minded individuals, surrounded by the beautiful forests of western Germany.
In this retreat, we will explore Nada Yoga in some of these subjects.
- The theory of Nada Yoga.
- Chanting, Mantras, Kirtan, Shlokas, and Bhajans.
- Exercises to purify and balance the chakras.
- Exercises to develop attention and concentration.
- Pranayama (breathing exercises) to wake-up Prana (the life force) and develop concentration, breath-control, and mind-control.
- Exercises to develop rhythm and balance.
- Alankar- exercises in the natural scale and other scales to develop your awareness of the 12 notes that are the foundation of all music.
- Tala- different rhythmic cycles used in Indian Classical Music.
- Ragas and their scales- the way notes are arranged to create different moods and effects.
- Exposure to the Harmonium as an aid to singing.
- Exposure to the Tabla- develop rhythm, balance, and concentration.
- Experience how this system of Nada Yoga helps you to develop concentration and peace of mind, which leads you to meditation.
- This science has its roots in the Vedas and was explored and transmitted by Nada Yogi Seers and Rishis who used it to reach the Divine. The vehicle for its transmission is Indian Classical Music in the form of Mantras, Shlokas, Chants, Kirtan, Bhajans, Ragas, and Talas.
- Yogi Hari’s style of teaching is called Sampoorna Yoga, which harmonizes all aspects of human personality. Nada Yoga is an integral part of this teaching.
- 5:30 a.m. – Wake up
- 6:00 a.m. – Satsang: Meditation, Nada Yoga, Lecture
- 8:00 a.m. – Asanas, Pranayama
- 10:00 a.m. – Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. – Karma Yoga
- 12:00 p.m. – Personal Time
- 2:00 p.m. – Nada Yoga Workshop
- 4:00 p.m. – Asanas, Pranayama
- 6:00 p.m. – Dinner
- 7:30 p.m. – Meditation, Nada Yoga, Lecture
Date and Time
TBA – Please contact us if you are interested in hearing about upcoming dates.
Haus Abrahm, near Hellenthal in western Germany, is the destination for this extraordinary retreat. Surrounded by forest, gardens, and serene pastures, you will revel in the peace and silence of the Eifel Hills. Hellenthal is located conveniently between Brussels and Frankfurt, and you can easily combine this retreat with a scenic tour of Europe.
Getting to the Retreat
You may either drive to the retreat location and park your car, or you may arrive by train. If you are flying to Germany, the closest airports are Frankfurt and Cologne.
When traveling by train, arrive in Call. From there, take the bus in front of the station in the direction of HELLENTHAL. It is the first bus station. It is a 20-minute walk to Haus Abrahm, or we can pick you up at the bus station.
- Dormitory style with a choice of rooms – 1, 2, or 4 people per room. Register early to have your selection of accommodations. Men and women sleep in separate rooms. Couples may share a bedroom if you register in time to get a private double room.
- Spacious rooms with windows for views into the forest.
- Use of washer and dryer available on site. Laundry soap provided.
- Shared bathrooms separate from rooms.
- Access to a full kitchen.
What to Pack
- Yoga mat and cushion
- Blanket (if needed for meditation)
- Duvet cover (Or rent one for 5€)
- Alarm clock
- Notebook & pens
- Clothes for Karma Yoga (working in the garden)
- An Open Mind
You will enjoy two simple, Yogic vegetarian meals per day. Most meals are vegan or made with limited dairy, but the main ingredients are fresh, organic vegetables and lots of love. If you have any allergies or restrictions, please let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Includes all instruction, accommodations, and meals.
Deposit of 300€ required to reserve your place.
How to Register
To sign up or for additional information, please email Sita and Rama.