Free Yoga Festival
Come one, come all – To share the joy of Yoga and peaceful living.
What: Free Yoga Festival of South Florida
Who’s Invited: Yoga teachers, practitioners, students, aspirants, health-conscious individuals, musicians, anyone who’s ever been curious about Yoga and wants to see what it’s about!
Where: Yogi Hari’s Ashram, 12750 SW 33rd St, Miramar, FL 33027
When: Saturday, May 27th, 2017 – 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Why: Learn about Yoga, Share your specialty, participate in classes, meet other Yogis, enjoy good, clean food, have fun – all for free!
We are excited to announce the first bi-annual Yoga festival hosted by Shri Yogi Hari at his Ashram in Miramar, Florida. On Saturday, May 27th, 2017, South Florida’s only Ashram will open its doors to all for a free day of Yoga presentations, music, community and fun.
Admission to the first Sampoorna Yoga Festival is free – no charge for attendees, vendors, or presenters. Parking is free too! Let this festival be an opportunity for the Yoga community of South Florida to come together and exchange ideas of programs, events, and plans for the future.
- 9:00 am: Festival begins! Get acquainted with the ashram, browse vendors, mingle with friends.
- 10:00 am – 6:45 pm: Workshops and classes 45 minutes in length, starting every hour on the hour.
- 7:00 – 9:00 pm: Closing Satsang led by Yogi Hari and featuring guest lecturers and musicians.
- 11:00-11:45 am – Frank Obregon, Om Movement Yoga Studio, Om Hybrid Yoga Class
- 12:00-12:45 pm – Claire Z, 305 Yoga Miami Lakes, Meditation
- 4:00-4:45 pm – Tracie Kurland, Happy Hips and Hamstrings: Opening your Hips, Hamstrings and Mind to New Possibilities – Class to live music
- 5:00-5:45 pm – Jessica Baron, Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Workshop
- 7:00-8:30 pm – Satsang with Shri Yogi Hari
There are multiple venues at the ashram for programs and presentations, and we are currently taking submissions for teachers, speakers, and performers to showcase their knowledge and talents.
Ideas for Topics:
- Yoga classes and demonstrations – What is your niche and style of Yoga?
- Music – Meditational, devotional, or atmospheric – Yogi Hari’s Satsang Hall becomes a concert venue for your listening pleasure.
- Health and Wellness – From diet to recovery from injury or disease – what have you learned from a Yogic lifestyle? Physical and massage therapists, energetic healers, and other wellness professionals are also welcome to present their topics.
Application for Presenters:
Workshops are 45 minutes each with a 15-minute break between each workshop. There will be both indoor and outdoor workshop space available.
If you would like to present a topic or teach a class at the festival, please complete a presenter application online.
Or, you may download and complete a presenter application and email it to: email@example.com or mail it to: Yogi Hari’s Ashram, 12750 SW 33rd St, Miramar, FL 33027. Questions or comments may be directed to Rasa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-399-8000.
The deadline for presentations is Sunday, May 21, 2017. Please submit your topic and application before this date.
Call to Vendors
On the 7.5 acres of Yogi Hari’s Ashram, there is ample space for parking and tents for vendors and exhibitors. Vendors are welcome to promote and sell their products – no entry or parking fees.
Prepared food vendors are also welcome at the festival, serving healthy, vegetarian snacks, meals, and beverages.
Interested vendors may complete an application online.
Deadline is Thursday, May 25th, 2017 for applications.
About Shri Yogi Hari:
Shri Yogi Hari has been teaching Yoga since 1975 and opened the first Yoga center in Fort Lauderdale in 1983. He relocated his ashram from Ft. Lauderdale to Miramar 15 years ago, and he has developed it into a tropical paradise of fruit trees and gardens. Shri Yogi Hari has committed his life to the teaching and practice of Yoga, and is overjoyed at the prospect of sharing the oasis he has created with other Yoga practitioners and studios who would benefit from the peaceful environment of an ashram.
If you have a heart of service and would like to assist in promoting or helping out during the festival, please contact Rasa at email@example.com with your skills and interests.
Feel free to share this announcement with any other Yoga or health-related teachers, speakers or vendors who may also benefit from the exposure that this festival will bring to their business or practice.
If you have any ideas on how we could make this festival more successful and effective, we would love to hear your thoughts! Email or call us at 954-399-8000.