300-hour Sampoorna Yoga Advanced Teacher Training
Advanced Yoga Teacher
Registered with Yoga Alliance at the 300-hour Level
3 Weeks Residential
- July 3 – 24, 2020
The Sampoorna Yoga Advanced Teacher Training Course is a residential course and is registered with Yoga Alliance (just like the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course). In three weeks time, you receive 300 hours of training. It is open to any student who has completed a certified 200-hour course and wants to deepen their knowledge and practice and complete the 500-hour training. The course is taught by English speakers and it is advised that participants have a reasonable knowledge of English.
In this advanced course, you will be building on the foundation that was laid in the 200-hour course. We will go deeper into all of the aspects of Yoga, as is outlined in the curriculum below. You will also experience tremendous transformation in your life and practice from the teachings and presence of a master.
The Yoga Teacher Training Course (200 hours) together with the Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course (300 hours) is registered with the Yoga Alliance at 500 hours level.
- Main texts: Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Yoga Sutras of Patanjali “How to Know God”.
- Asanas (Yoga postures): Advanced practice and teaching techniques.
- Pranayama and Breathing Exercises: Mastery of Prana or vital energy.
- Mudras and Bandhas.
- Meditation, Mantra & Japa Yoga: Use of Divine sound vibration for healing on all levels.
- Vedanta Philosophy: Study of the Universe, Self & Truth.
- Karma & Reincarnation.
- Astral body, Nadis & Chakras.
- Raja Yoga: The study and control of the mind.
- Jnana Yoga: Self Knowledge, inquiry into the question “Who am I?”
- Bhakti Yoga: The path of devotion and love for God, including the practices of chanting, worship and self-surrender.
- Nada Yoga: Study and application of sound vibration as a tool for healing and uplifting the emotions and the mind.
- Karma Yoga: The path of right action and selfless service.
- Bhagavad Gita: Study and its application to life.
- Anatomy & Physiology: In relation to Hatha Yoga.
- Proper Diet: For optimum health and peace of mind.
- Yoga Kriyas: Cleansing techniques and their practical application.
- Ayurveda: Basic introduction to this ancient healing art.
- 5:30 a.m. – Wake up
- 6:00 a.m. – Meditation, Nada Yoga, Lecture
- 8:00 a.m. – Asanas, Pranayama
- 10:00 a.m. – Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. – Karma Yoga
- 12:00 p.m. – Personal Time
- 2:00 p.m. – Main Lecture
- 4:00 p.m. – Asanas, Pranayama
- 6:00 p.m. – Dinner
- 7:30 p.m. – Meditation, Nada Yoga, Lecture
Yogic tip: Successful students spend time studying throughout the day!
Twice during the three-weeks, we take an excursion to beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach for Sunrise Meditation, Yoga, and Brunch. Around noon, we return to the ashram, but you are welcome to spend the rest of the afternoon on your own and arrange your own return transportation.
- The most effective way of learning and teaching is from direct experience.
- This is the traditional teaching where you will inherit the fruits of the wisdom of the Rishis from ancient time to present day in the Sivananda lineage.
- During the programs, you live in close contact with your teacher. You will have the privilege to study with Shri Yogi Hari, an adept Yogi.
- Away from the distractions of the home environment, everyday responsibilities, business and appointments, you will be amazed of how focused and attentive your mind will be to absorb this knowledge.
- In Yogi Hari’s Ashram you will live each moment of the program with awareness, bringing about growth and transformation.
- Located in sunny South Florida, Yogi Hari’s Ashram offers a peaceful, natural, and healing environment.
- You will enjoy two healthy, vegetarian meals daily, served buffet style. The diet includes simple and deliciously prepared ashram-grown fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and tofu.
Fly into Fort Lauderdale International Airport or Miami International Airport and take the Super Shuttle. This is your best option, and costs around $50 one way. Uber is available for $30-$50 one way, depending on the time of day, or you may use public transportation.
If you choose to drive, you may park your car at the ashram during the training.
The course begins on Friday at 3:00 p.m. with orientation. Plan to arrive between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
The course finishes three weeks later on Friday at 11:00 a.m. after breakfast.
- Dormitory style with twin size bunk beds. Men and women sleep in separate rooms.
- Spacious with windows for garden views.
- Seasonal air-conditioning – in cooler months, we keep the windows open for fresh air. Ceiling fans throughout the ashram.
- Washer and dryer available. Laundry soap is provided.
- Shared bathrooms separate from rooms.
- Access to a full kitchen.
- Free wifi
What to Pack
Recommended items to bring.
You will enjoy two yogic vegetarian meals per day. Everything is prepared fresh with organic ingredients and lots of love. Most meals are vegan or made with limited dairy. If you have any allergies or restrictions please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate you.
Yogi Hari’s Ashram provides a clean and pure environment without illicit substances, tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, and meat. Students are expected to respect these terms or they are asked to leave the course without a refund.
Special 50% Discount – $2,000
Includes: All instruction, course certificate, course manual, accommodations and meals.
For over fifteen years, this training has cost $4,000, in line with most Yoga Teacher Training Courses currently offered. However, after teaching Yoga for over 40 years, Shri Yogi Hari decided to offer his world-renowned Yoga Teacher Training Course at a discounted rate to make Yoga training affordable.
Since Shri Yogi Hari began teaching Yoga, it has always been his desire to teach for free. But because the ashram is not supported by any organization or trust, the fees that students provide cover basic expenses, ashram maintenance, and organizational costs.
Even though the training is offered at a discount, this does not mean it is lacking in substance. In the presence of a self-realized master, Shri Yogi Hari, you will absorb more during this three-week training than you would learn at any other Yoga Teacher Training Course in the world.
What Students Are Saying
“It is a great school of all aspects of yoga, meditation and spirituality. You will not only just learn yoga and teaching technique, you will also experience the lifestyle of a yogi. It gives you the deeper understanding, very humbling and the teachers are way per excellent. The best place to learn your own nature and be truly honest to yourself and be ready to peel off your ego by the master. If you are true to your yoga journey, definitely go and built your self-discipline in this beautiful divine place and transform yourself by the love and devotion of Guruji himself and his great disciples.”
“Shri Yogi Hari is a down to earth, no non-sense cool yoga master… not many of those around. He will pull no punches in truth saying or doing or describing and sharing his reality with you. You could practice what he teaches and with tons of patience become a Hatha Yoga master as well. (Nada yogi too!!!) He also won’t take you down the rabbit hole of prescribing sequences and alternative ways of practicing poses for specific issues, which at first you may want to hold against him, but that’s not something to get into without knowing deeply all that Yogi Hari has to offer- in your body and mind. I’ve been an Iyengar teacher for about 10 years at this point and even with constant continuing education in that ‘style’ of alignment, I always go back to a solid Sivananda/Sampoorna practice, even if just on occasion (and my training with him was over 10 years ago!). It was a solid foundation of the yogic lifestyle.”
To help you to prepare for the course, we recommend that you purchase a copy of the Sampoorna Hatha Yoga Open Class video (DVD or download) and work with this video for several weeks to get comfortable with the style, flow, and format of Sampoorna Yoga. You may also benefit from listening to the musical album Cosmic Chants or Satsang 1 to become familiar with the chanting that you will learn during the training.
Questions? We’re happy to help! Please contact us:
Call 954-399-8000 | Text 608-772-6558 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org